10 Day Footwear Masterclass Program
New and Improved!
We’ve given our popular Masterclass a revamp and included some extras to make the most out of the time and give our students the best chance of success in the world of footwear. Over this 10-day intensive course, students will design and make a collection of 4 – 6 pairs of shoes.
Learning how to create (from scratch) a cohesive shoe collection is just the beginning, students will leave feeling ready to take on the industry, we’ll even give you a list of shoe factories!
There is also an element of theory in this course, ensuring students know how the industry works and best practices for getting started.
This course also comes with free access to the Online Courses:
See below for a full course breakdown.
10 days: Monday - Friday, 10am - 4pm.
Want some more info?
- Footwear components and construction overview
- Factory specification sheet
- Material selection
- Collection assessment and design refinement
- Pattern Making for the full collection (This is one of the most important aspects of footwear design, especially when dealing with factories).
- Construction of uppers
- Construction of uppers continued
- Preparation of insoles
- Lasting Lining for 2 - 4 pairs
- Stiffeners for 2 - 4 pairs
- Lasting Uppers for 2 - 4 pairs
- Attaching soles and heels for 2 - 4 pairs
- Insole socks and memory foam insoles for 2 - 4 pairs
- Finishing touches on 2 - 4 pairs
- Repeat all shoemaking steps for additional pairs of shoes or boots.
- Footwear terminology
- 3D Design
- Pattern making
- Footwear materials and supplies
- Choosing the best leathers for your design
- Factory procedures & international factory contact list.
- Sampling procedures