Download and print our pre-made shoe patterns!
Each pattern is a PDF digital file that you can download instantly and print from home. This double buckle sandal pattern is designed to be used alongside the I Can Make Shoes moulded sandal footbeds.
While a pair of wild heels or one-of-a-kind boots may be more desirable to design, make and wear, it’s true to say that for the majority of the time, a pair of comfortable moulded sandals are what we spend most of our lives in so this pair is a really great place to start!
Whether you choose to create an un-lined, raw edge sandal using thicker leather, or create the luxe version by using a faux fur lining or fancy buckles - the options are endless!
You have the option to purchase sizes individually or the whole size range.
MORE ABOUT THIS PATTERN...
The pattern is the same for the upper and lining, the only difference being you would fold the 5mm allowance on the topline of the upper and this 5mm will become the trimming allowance on the topline of the lining.
Alternatively, you can make an unlined and unstitched version if you prefer. We recommend using a slightly thicker leather for this. Simply cut off the 5mm allowance, and trace your pattern as a raw edge.
1. Trace and cut out the linings and uppers in your chosen material using the same pattern. *Remember to flip the pattern pieces to get left and right feet*
2. Glue and fold over the 5mm allowance on the toplines of your uppers.
3. Hand stitch your buckles to your upper pieces where indicated on the pattern. It may be useful to pre-punch the holes.
4. Match together the uppers with the linings and stitch together at the topline. *The 5mm trimming allowance on your linings will sit 5mm above the topline of your uppers.*
5. Punch the remaining holes into the straps & trim off the trimming allowance.
You're now ready to last your uppers directly onto your foot!