Download and print our pre-made shoe patterns!
Each pattern is a PDF digital file that you can download instantly and print from home. This high mule pattern is designed to be used alongside the I Can Make Shoes womens flat lasts (reference 001).
This flat mule pattern is an easy style, and is suitable for shoemakers of all levels. 😊 A slipper-meets-sandal style, the flat mule is a versatile shoe ideal for day-to-night wear all summer long.
This particular pattern sits high up on the foot with a curvy centre seam, allowing for great support and a flattering shape. 👡 Construct on a thicker sole for a chunkier look, or add some leather randing for a more refined look.
MORE ABOUT THIS PATTERN...
This pattern is divided into 2 pieces, and is the same for the upper and lining. The 5mm allowance along the topline of the pattern serves as both the folding allowance of your upper, as well as the trimming allowance of your lining.
If you have adjusted the width of your last, we recommend adding on some extra lasting allowance to the pattern, to accommodate this build-up. 😉
1. Trace and cut out the linings and uppers in your chosen material using the same pattern. *Remember to flip the pattern pieces to get left and right feet*
2. Stitch together the centre seams, 5mm in from the edge. Open the seams with a little glue and skive away excess bulk. *These seams are closed seams, so stitch right sides together.*
3. Glue and fold over the 5mm allowance on the toplines of your uppers.
4. Apply a little glue along the wrong sides of your upper and lining toplines. Using your centre seam as a reference, match together the uppers with the linings and stick the toplines together. *The 5mm trimming allowance on your linings will sit 5mm above the topline of your uppers.*
5. Trim off the trimming allowance, leaving some at the centre seam to help with the lasting process.
You're now ready to last your uppers!