Download and print our pre-made insock pattern!
OMG it's free?! Whether you're making a court shoe, sandal, mule or mary-jane, this insock pattern is the finishing touch you'll need to cover up your heel screws and elevate your shoes. This pattern is one you'll use over and over again and is designed to use alongside the I Can Make Shoes women's mid-heel lasts (reference 002) or women's high-heel lasts (reference 003).
Each pattern is a PDF digital file that you can download instantly and print from home.
MORE ABOUT THIS PATTERN...
Already covered your insoles and screwed in your heels? The last thing missing before wearing your new shoes are the insocks.
The insock is where you can really get creative and add some extra detailing to your shoes. Whether it's decorative stitching, a gimped edge or your embossed logo - the options are endless!
We've also included 3 different style variations in this pattern bundle. You can choose to go classic, or have the option to include stitched detailing at the seat.
1. Trace and cut out the insock foam pattern on the foam you received in your kit. *Remember to flip the pattern pieces to get left and right feet.*
2. Trace and cut your insock pattern in your lining of choice. *Remember to flip the pattern pieces to get left and right feet.*
3. If you're making insocks with stitched detailing, apply glue on the 5mm underlay allowance, and on the wrong side of the smaller insock pieces. Glue pieces together and stitch along the edges.
4. Apply water-based glue to your foam pieces and the wrong sides of your insock pieces. Glue them together.
5. Re-apply glue to the bottom of your padded insocks as well as on your covered insoles, where the insock will sit. Glue your insocks into your shoes, making sure that they are nicely centred.
Congratulations! Your shoes are now finished and you're ready to try them on. 🎉
*We recommend letting your shoes settle for a few days before wearing them. This is to allow the cork filler and any glue the time to properly dry.*