The high-heel peep toe court shoe is one of our recommended styles to start with when learning how to make your own shoes from home. Suitable for shoemakers of all levels, the peep toe is a classic design that transverses all seasons and trumps all shoe trends. 👠
Similar to the classic court shoe, the peep toe is the perfect construction to make when you are starting your shoemaking journey. Popularised in the 1930s and 1940s, this style is a vintage classic that never goes out of fashion - and is perfect for showing off your fresh pedi. 😉
To help you get started, we've made a downloadable high-heel peep toe pattern in sizes EU 35 - 44 (that's UK 2 - 11).
In an effort to make shoemaking a more accessible craft, we've made this downloadable shoe pattern easily printable from home, and have included a step-by-step closing sequence to help you along the shoemaking and home sewing process.
The PDF shoe pattern is available for instant download and prints on sheets of A4 or Letter size paper. All you have to do is print at 100%, cut out the patterns, and tape together any that have been broken up to fit on an A4 page.
What you'll need:
- Upper and lining materials of your choice.
- Matching polyester thread.
- A domestic flatbed sewing machine, with a denim or leather needle.
- Water-based glue and a safety beveler, which you can find in our Beginners Shoemaking Tool Kit.
Step by Step process:
- Trace and cut out the linings and uppers in your chosen material using the same pattern. *Remember to flip the pattern pieces to get left and right feet.*
Stitch together all back seams and side seams of your uppers and linings, stitching 5mm in from the edge. Open the seams with a little glue and skive away excess bulk. *Both these seams are closed seams, so stitch right sides together.*
- Glue and fold over the 5mm allowance on the toplines of your uppers.
Apply a little glue along the wrong sides of your upper and lining toplines. Using your side and back seams as references, match together the uppers with the linings and stick the toplines together. *The 5mm trimming allowance on your linings will sit 5mm above the topline of your uppers.*
- Stitch your toplines together.
- Trim off the front half of the trimming allowance as well as along the peep toe, leaving some at the back to help with the lasting process.
You're now ready to last your uppers! 🎉
To give you some inspo, why not check out these gorgeous peep toe shoes that some of our students have made on our shoemaking course...
If you make a pair of handmade peep toes of your own, we'd love to see! Send us your pics via Instagram: @icanmake_shoes. I can't wait to see the amazing shoes you make! 💖
learn shoemaking for yourself
The course covers how to make shoes from scratch including heels, flats, boots, sneakers, sandals, and more. The thing that really sets this course apart from others is that it's specifically designed for total beginners and requires very little in the way of tools & equipment, there's even a bonus module on how to start your own shoe brand.