Custom Boot Making Course
*Due to Covid-19 restrictions in the UK we are running limited courses at the moment. As the restrictions can change week by week in the UK we will be scheduling in course dates at short notice when we have more confidence that they will go ahead. If you would like to be put on a waiting list for this course, please email us at email@example.com
*Please note that we operate a strict no refund policy but if any courses have to be postponed please rest assured that we can have you along at a later date that works for you.
This 5 day custom boot making course offers students the exciting opportunity to make a pair of boots of their own design from scratch.
During this course we will create a mockup to ensure the perfect shape and fit. These will be boots you’ll be wearing for years to come.
Scroll down for a full break down of the course outline.
Want some more info?
- Breakdown of footwear components
- Leather selection
- Custom fitting to ensure the perfect fit
- Last adjustments
- Taping up a last
- 3D design directly onto the last
- Pattern cutting
- Mock up preparation and fitting
- Pattern adjustments as needed
- Upper preparation: cutting pieces for uppers and linings
- Skiving edges
- Inserting top line tape
- Folding top lines and piecing together uppers
- Stitching the uppers (Also known in the footwear industry as "Closing")
- Cutting and covering insoles
- Lasting lining
- Inserting stiffeners
- Lasting uppers
- Cork filler
- Cutting soles/heel tips
- Sanding and shaping soles/heel tips
- Edge dyeing soles/heel tips
- Attaching a stitched randing around the feather edge of the shoes
- Attaching soles
- Attaching heels