10 Day Footwear Masterclass Program
*Due to Covid-19 restrictions in the UK we are running limited courses at the moment. As the restrictions can change week by week in the UK we will be scheduling in course dates at short notice when we have more confidence that they will go ahead. If you would like to be put on a waiting list for this course, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note that we operate a strict no refund policy but if any courses have to be postponed please rest assured that we can have you along at a later date that works for you.
We’ve given our popular Masterclass a revamp and included some extras to make the most out of the time and give our students the best chance of success in the world of footwear. Over this 10-day intensive course, students will design and make a collection of 4 – 6 pairs of shoes.
Learning how to create (from scratch) a cohesive shoe collection is just the beginning, students will leave feeling ready to take on the industry, we’ll even give you a list of shoe factories!
There is also an element of theory in this course, ensuring students know how the industry works and best practices for getting started.
This course also comes with free access to the Online Courses:
See below for a full course breakdown.
10 days: Monday - Friday, 10am - 4pm.
Want some more info?
- Footwear components and construction overview
- Factory specification sheet
- Material selection
- Collection assessment and design refinement
- Pattern Making for the full collection (This is one of the most important aspects of footwear design, especially when dealing with factories).
- Construction of uppers
- Construction of uppers continued
- Preparation of insoles
- Lasting Lining for 2 - 4 pairs
- Stiffeners for 2 - 4 pairs
- Lasting Uppers for 2 - 4 pairs
- Attaching soles and heels for 2 - 4 pairs
- Insole socks and memory foam insoles for 2 - 4 pairs
- Finishing touches on 2 - 4 pairs
- Repeat all shoemaking steps for additional pairs of shoes or boots.
- Footwear terminology
- 3D Design
- Pattern making
- Footwear materials and supplies
- Choosing the best leathers for your design
- Factory procedures & international factory contact list.
- Sampling procedures