I CAN MAKE SHOES are excited to welcome The Parachute Collective to our shoe making platform. Now offering a very unique 5 day footwear course in East London’s Bethnal Green.
This 5 day crash course offers an in-depth class in making a pair of one of a kind handmade leather derby shoes.
** Oxford style shoes also available upon request.
Here is what will be covered in this 5 day course:
• Footwear Components
• Leather Selection (calf leather)
• Cutting pieces for uppers and linings
• Skyving edges on the skyving machine
• Inserting top line tape
• Folding top lines and piecing together uppers
• Upper construction continued…
• Stitching the uppers (Also known in the footwear industry as “Closing”)
• Preparation of insole pattern
• Cutting leather insoles
• Lasting Lining
• Inserting Stiffeners
• Lasting Uppers
• Cutting soles and heel tips
• Sanding and shaping soles and heel tips on the sanding machine
• Edge dyeing soles and heel tips
• Attaching a stitched randing around the feather edge of the shoes
• Attaching soles using the sole press
• Inserting insole socks
• Finishing touches
Location: Bethnal Green
Materials: Materials Included
Is it a gift? Click to buy a gift voucher for this course.