Custom Boot Making Course
This 5 day custom boot making course offers students the exciting opportunity to make a pair of boots of their own design from scratch.
During this course we will create a mockup to ensure the perfect shape and fit. These will be boots you’ll be wearing for years to come.
Scroll down for a full break down of the course outline.
Want some more info?
- Breakdown of footwear components
- Leather selection
- Custom fitting to ensure the perfect fit
- Last adjustments
- Taping up a last
- 3D design directly onto the last
- Pattern cutting
- Mock up preparation and fitting
- Pattern adjustments as needed
- Upper preparation: cutting pieces for uppers and linings
- Skiving edges
- Inserting top line tape
- Folding top lines and piecing together uppers
- Stitching the uppers (Also known in the footwear industry as "Closing")
- Cutting and covering insoles
- Lasting lining
- Inserting stiffeners
- Lasting uppers
- Cork filler
- Cutting soles/heel tips
- Sanding and shaping soles/heel tips
- Edge dyeing soles/heel tips
- Attaching a stitched randing around the feather edge of the shoes
- Attaching soles
- Attaching heels