Introduction to Shoe Design
Our shoe design course has had a major refresh and is more amazing than ever.
We’ve extended the time frame and now include more drawing techniques, tips for getting your proportions right and how to do a factory ready spec sheet.
This is the perfect course for anyone thinking of starting a career or hobby in shoe design.
During this one day shoe design course we will teach you how to design footwear from both a creative and technical point of view. This course is suitable for beginners and is super friendly to those who don’t feel like they are naturally “good at drawing”.
Using our templates and simple techniques we will teach you how to become a skilled footwear designer and how to communicate your ideas visually on paper.
This is a hands on course, each student will leave with their finished designs, a basic footwear pattern with measurements and notes, the full range of design templates and the factory spec sheet template. In addition to this we also provide each student with contact details for a shoe design agency for further career progression.
1 day; 10am - 4pm
Want some more info?
- Parts of a shoe - explanation and demonstration
- 3D designing on a shoemaking last (block)
- Basic pattern-making skills
- Footwear design templates - explanation, demonstration & examples
- Drawing shoes - techniques, tips and tricks
- Student design time - with teacher assistance and advice
- How to prepare a shoe design into a factory ready spec sheet