10 Day Footwear Masterclass Program
Over this 10-day intensive footwear course, the students will design and make a collection of 4 – 8 pairs of shoes.
Students will learn how to create a cohesive collection which showcases a strong design direction, as well as covering important making techniques required for different styles of shoes.
Design is an important part of this course and we endeavour to have all of our students leave feeling confident at drawing shoes. Templates will be introduced into the mix and a range of hand sketching techniques applied.
There is also an element of theory in this course, ensuring students know how the industry works.
See below for a full course breakdown.
10 days: Monday - Friday, 10am - 4pm.
Want some more info?
- Footwear Components
- Collection assessment and design refinement
- Pattern Making for full collection (This is one of the most important aspects of footwear design, especially when dealing with factories).
- Leather shopping trip (This is to teach about how to choose the best materials for your designs, students are not obligated to buy anything)
- Construction of uppers
- Construction of uppers continued
- Preparation of insoles
- Lasting Lining for 2 - 4 pairs
- Stiffeners for 2 - 4 pairs
- Lasting Uppers for 2 - 4 pairs
- Attaching soles and heels for 2 - 4 pairs
- Insole socks and memory foam insoles for 2 - 4 pairs
- Finishing touches on 2 - 4 pairs
- Repeat all shoemaking steps for additional 2 - 4 pairs of shoes or boots.
- Footwear terminology
- 3D Design
- Pattern making
- Footwear materials and supplies
- Choosing the best leathers for your design
- Factory procedures
The Pill Box Studios,
Unit G05, 115 Coventry Road,
London E2 6GG
Phone:+44 (0)207 183 4174