Download and print our pre-made shoe patterns!
OMG it's free?! We believe that a sandal is one of the best places to start for beginners. You'll learn so much about shoemaking process from making a simple shoe like this, that's why we've made these patterns free in an effort to make shoemaking a more accessible craft.
Each pattern is a PDF digital file that you can download instantly and print from home. This high heel ankle strap pattern is designed to be used alongside the I Can Make Shoes women's high heel lasts (reference 003).
The high heel sandal is the perfect construction to make when you are starting your shoemaking journey. It's also a classic design that transverses all seasons and trumps all shoe trends 👠👠
MORE ABOUT THIS PATTERN..
This is a whole-cut ankle strap designed for use with our high heel lasts. The pattern is the same for the upper and lining, the only difference being you would fold the 5mm allowance on the topline of the upper and this 5mm will become the trimming allowance on the topline of the lining.
If you're a beginner, we strongly recommend to make your ankle straps with a raw edge. 😉
1. Trace and cut out the linings and uppers in your chosen material using the same pattern. *Remember to flip the pattern pieces to get left and right feet*
2. Optional: Glue and fold over the 5mm allowance on the toplines of your straps. We recommend that you make your straps with a raw edge if you're a beginner.
3. Cut your buckle elastic according to the pattern (i.e. 6cm long). Fold in half and poke your buckle prong through the centre of the elastic at the fold.
4. Match together the uppers with the linings. Sandwich your buckle elastic between your upper and lining pieces, as indicated on your pattern.
5. Stitch together at the topline. You may want to stitch a box stitch at the buckle, for added support. *The 5mm trimming allowance on your linings will sit 5mm above the topline of your uppers.*
6. Trim off the trimming allowance, leaving some at the back to help with the lasting process.
You're now ready to last your ankle straps!