Download and print our pre-made shoe patterns!
Each pattern is a PDF digital file that you can download instantly and print from home. This high mule pattern is designed to be used alongside the I Can Make Shoes womens high-heel lasts (reference 003).
This mule pattern is an easy style, and is suitable for shoemakers of all levels. 😊 Once considered a boudoir shoe in the 17th and 18th centuries, it was then popularised in the 1950s by Hollywood pin-ups such as Marilyn Monroe. Today, the mule is a cult classic in every woman's shoe closet.
This particular pattern sits high up on the foot with a curvy center seam, allowing for great support and a flattering shape. 👡👡 Construct your shoes on a chunky heel for a trendy look, or choose the stiletto to let your inner pin-up out. 😉
You have the option to purchase sizes individually or the whole size range.
MORE ABOUT THIS PATTERN...
This pattern is divided into 2 pieces, and is the same for the upper and lining. The only difference being you would fold the 5mm allowance on the topline of the upper and this 5mm will become the trimming allowance on the topline of the lining.
If you have adjusted the width of your last, we recommend adding on some extra lasting allowance to the pattern, to accommodate this build-up. 😉
1. Trace and cut out the linings and uppers in your chosen material using the same pattern. *Remember to flip the pattern pieces to get left and right feet*
2. Stitch together the center seams, 5mm in from the edge. Open the seams with a little glue and skive away excess bulk.
3. Glue and fold over the 5mm allowance on the toplines of your uppers.
4. Match together the uppers with the linings and stitch together at the topline. *The 5mm trimming allowance on your linings will sit 5mm above the topline of your uppers.*
5. Trim off the trimming allowance, leaving some at the centre seam to help with the lasting process.
You're now ready to last your uppers!